Philpstoun Community Council – Thursday 11th May 2017

Attendees - Jonathan Harris (Acting Chair), Simon Constable, David Tait, Councillor, Gillian McLean, Tom Kerr Councillor, Kirstie Constable.  Ian Withers, Narrowboat Farm & Lesley Nock, Oakwell Nursery.

Apologies - Andy Gray (Chair)

1. Police Report – No update from Police. Jonathan Harris advised there had been a break in locally previous advice was for residents to keep house / car secure, keep lights on etc. make it look like house is occupied.   Bikes on the Bings - PC Neill Drummond is now the single point of contact for bikes issues in West Lothian.  The Police encourage anyone to report any instances or suspicious reports/vehicles to the police line 101 or e-mail neill.drummond@scotland.pnn.police.uk .

2. Philpstoun Bowling Club – New issue of lack of access to parking area due to land being unfinished as agreed and to be resolved with contactor – Tom Kerr was progressing.  March – Meeting been held with Engineer / Councillors and Council to try to resolve although it is likely to take some time to ongoing issues.  May – no update parking issue to date.

3. EGIP – The notice board requested from EGIP/Network Rail is yet to be supplied – The EGIP project are looking into providing notice board.   Preference for Perspex and preferred sizes to be notified. Installation to be agreed with EGIP.  

Damage to verges and covering of chipped path to Old Philpstoun following completion of bridge works.  J Harris requested at the least the path is put back to its previous condition with chipsAll agreed that Community Council to write to Chris Alcorn, identify the location and can this be included on core paths network/plan to encourage council to adopt and if there is any potential funding (special projects grant possibly).  David Tait, if provided with correct information, will then speak to Christ Alcorn – J Harris will send details to David Tait.   Chris.alcorn@westlothian.gov.uk   

4. Planning –

0591/EIA/16 – EIA Screening request for Wilcoxholm Farm (4 fields) – Note to discuss Community Council response as impact on education, road traffic through village.  Tom Kerr advised that Rick Finc Associates were holding public events as currently pre-planning stage – item to be on newsletter / notice board.   Pending decision.   May 17 – No update

 

11/FUL/17 – 7 Storage units at Park Farm. Pending decision.  May 17 – Granted conditional planning permission – Condition is Class 6 storage and entrance from the North.

 

19/FUL/17 – Kingsfield – Proposal to double up the existing shed/building for agricultural storage.  March 17 – Update that confirmed that applicant will be using it for agricultural use and no comment would be returned. May 17 – Granted unconditional planning permission.

0069/H/17 – Extension to house at Rosend, Pardovan Holdings.  No comments to planners. Pending decision. May 17 – Refused planning permission.  

 

New items –

181/FUL/17 – Erection of workshop, shed, storage units and residential caravan for

Farrier business.  Decision pending. 

260/FUL/17 – Erection of 5 dwelling houses at Oakwell. Onsite of building used as nursery not attached to existing Oakwell.   Community Council decision is to object to development. 

280/P/17 – 3 dwellings at Pardovan Holdings. Previous application received objection from community council and decision is to object to latest submission.

303/H/17 – Extension t house at 66 Church Court.  No comment will be made.

 

5. Environment – Follow up confirmation required of treatment of Himalayan Balsam.  May 17 Update from A Gray advises council has advised that they will treat species if found on council land. Council works with closely with River Forth Fisheries Trust who have conducted surveys with intent to treat however due to lack of funding aim will be possible volunteer days to treat/pull balsalm if funding becomes available along the burn through Philpstoun.

 

6. Ian Withers – Update - Now named Narrowboat Farm. Aim is to make produce then deliver by canal boat.  Aim is currently to have free range hens, beehives and possible experiment tea plantation in future among other plans with shed extension and poly tunnel. 2nd future element will be to have in future two residential boats on canal and ongoing negotiations with Historic Scotland which will be subject to full planning application in future.

7. Next meeting will be Thursday 14th September 2017, 19.30, Philpstoun Community Hall.

Previous issues not discussed listed below due to time constraint –

Transport. 

Community Improvement and Youth Members - Suggestion made that council need to get a note out to seek community views / ideas.  One suggestion was to encourage youth members as 4 members aged 14-18 can sit on the council.  Also what other money in council fund is available to have a community involvement and ideas needed – one suggestion is seat outside the Community Centre needs sanding and varnishing.   Update required from WLC for any outstanding community funds from Lorraine McGrority possibly Village Improvement Grant. Tom Kerr suggests inviting Douglas Grierson, Community Regeneration Officer, Tel 01506 281088 / douglas.grierson@westlothian.gov.uk. who could advise how to spend money.  Action A Gray.

Suggestion from G McLean to replace flowers and planters in village as previous were removed.  Community council to speak to Youth Club to engage participation.  David Tait suggested inviting Burgh Beautiful  / Ron Smith for guidance.

Youth Club – Possible contribution from Community Council for fund raising and to discuss over next meetings.

Newsletter / notice –  Next newsletter – planters, youth participation from Youth Club as above. Add Wilcoxholm planning details to the newsletter.

AOB.