Philpstoun Community Council – Thursday 9th February 2017

Andy Gray (Chair), Jonathan Harris, Simon Constable, Kirstie Constable, Tom Kerr Councillor, David Tait, Councillor

Apologies - Tom Conn Councillor, PC Andy Murray, PC Neill Drummond, Gillian McLean

1. Police Report – Nothing new to report. Police are encouraging feedback from members of the public via their 'Your View Counts' on how community policing works initiative – details available on Police Scotland Website at http://www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2016/april/your-view-counts-police-scotland-launches-new-public-survey.  Motorbikes reported on the canal tow path on a number of occasions – encourage anyone to report if any further instances to the police incident telephone line 101.

2. Philpstoun Bowling Club – Fees to be agreed with West Lothian Council and if any assistance is still required Alan Baff to contact Tom Kerr.  New issue of lack of access to parking area due to land being unfinished as agreed and to be resolved with contactor – Tom Kerr progressing.

3. EGIP – The notice board requested from EGIP/Network Rail is yet to be supplied – The EGIP project team are looking into providing notice board.   Preference is for perspex and preferred sizes to be notified. Installation to be agreed with EGIP. 

Damage to verges and covering of chipped path to Old Philpstoun following completion of recent rail bridge works.  J Harris requested at the least that the path is put back to its previous condition with chipsAll agreed that Community Council to write to Chris Alcorn, identify the location and can this be included on core paths network/plan to encourage WLC to adopt. Chris.alcorn@westlothian.gov.uk 

4. Planning –

 0591/EIA/16 – EIA Screening request for Wilcoxholm Farm (4 fields) – Note to discuss Community Council response as impact on education, road traffic through village.  Tom Kerr advised that Rick Finc Associates were holding public information events as currently pre-planning stage – item to be included on future newsletter / notice board. 

 11/FUL/17 – 7 Storage units at Park Farm. Pending decision.

 19/FUL/17 – Kingsfield – Proposal to double up the existing shed/building for agricultural storage.  If the plan is to be by delegated powers rather than planning committee the community council have 7 days to object.  Queries over what the shed will be utilised for as ‘agricultural storage’ does not detail the end usage – community council to request further details of end usage.  Feb 17 –JH awaiting feedback from S McLaren.

 0069/H/17 – Extension to house at Rosend, Pardovan Holdings.  No comments to planners.

 

5. Environment – Follow up confirmation required of treatment of Himalayan Balsam. A Gray to liaise with Paul - Action A Gray to enquire due to close proximity of growing season.

 

Neil Findlay correspondence received encouraging participation on a bill to ban fracking raised by Claudia Beamish, MPS link for support is https://frackingbanbill.com/

And also that the Scottish Government are holding an inquiry into participation in Sport in Scotland and is encouraging organisations/individuals to take part in an online survey http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SportInquiry/ .

 

6. Airport Trial – Further correspondence received as the second consultation phase has been launched giving members of public another opportunity to give their views - and diagrams of proposed possible flight path options are available. West Lothian will likely be affected and it is important for as many people as possible to take part before the consultation closes on 30th April 2017. Residents can respond to Edinburgh Airports website http://www.letsgofurther.com or by writing to : Freepost LET’S GO FURTHER, The Consultation Co-ordinator, Edinburgh Airport, PO Box 17473, Edinburgh, EH12 1ND.

7.  Transport.  Note that the Railway Electrification will be going live March / April 2017 onwards. 

8. Community Improvement and Youth Members - Suggestion made that Community Council need to get a note out to seek community views / ideas.  One suggestion was to encourage youth members as up to 4 members aged 14-18 years old can sit on a community council.  Also what other money in council fund is available to have a community involvement and ideas needed – one suggestion is the seat outside the Community Centre needs sanding and varnishing.   Update required from WLC regarding any remaining available community funds, possibly via the Village Improvement Grant. Tom Kerr suggested inviting Douglas Grierson, Community Regeneration Officer, WLC to a future Community Council meeting to update on the topic and opportunities. Tel 01506 281088 / douglas.grierson@westlothian.gov.uk. Action A Gray.

Suggestion from G McLean to replace flowers and planters in village as previous were removed.  Community Council to speak to Youth Club to engage participation.  David Tait suggested inviting Burgh Beautiful  / Ron Smith for guidance.

Youth Club – Possible contribution from Community Council for fund raising and to discuss over next meetings.

9. Newsletter / notice –  Next newsletter – planters, youth participation from Youth Club as above. Add Wilcoxholm planning details to the newsletter.

10. AOB.  No new business reported.

11. Next meeting will be Thursday 9th March, 19.30.